Tuesday 3 November 2009

Newspaper over the years

Through Google Images I have found three different images of a local New York paper; The New York Times, and I am going to analyse theses to see how it has changed over 100years.


26.06.1906


11.11.1918


19.07.2009


My initial thought from looking at these images is the decrease of writing and increase of blank space, images and adverts over the years. This shows me that if I am going to create a contemporary newspaper I need a lot of images in ratio to the text whereas if Icreate an old newspaper then i will have to produce more text.
Pictures seem to have a better effect when catching peoples eye over just the headline, this shows me I need a lot of colour and images to appeal to todays audiences as this is a common theme in todays newspapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment