Tuesday 9 March 2010

Website Layout Designs

The three sketches below are layout ideas for my newspaper website.
Key:
Rectangle/Squares = Photographs
Lines = Text

1. This design I have the logo at the very top of the page with the navigation bar underneath which is very common in newspaper websites so I am quite sure that I will also be following this trend. As you can see the body of the website will be a combination of photographs and story snippets/headlines to attract the viewer in, below there is a main photograph at the top and then there is a few other smaller ones representing some of the stories. I really like this layout, it is neat and simple yet very effective and very typical of a newspaper website.

2 This design is similar to the one above, however the navigation bar is above the logo, which I haven't seen done on any newspaper website before but I think this could look good as i challenge the conventions. Then the stories are laid out into 3 columns very similar to a newspaper which I think could look very neat and professional.

3 This design is very similar to the first one except the shading on the left hand side is representing the gradient coloured background that I would have. I think this would make it more colourful and more appropriate to the younger student audience the website will have.

After a lot of consideration I think I'm going to base my website on design 1 as I think it looks very neat and professional.


No comments:

Post a Comment