Monday 7 December 2009

House Style Newspaper Font

Below is a print screen of my font style template that i created in InDesign, as you can see the headings for my newspaper will be in Helvetica Neue, the sub-headings in Prestige Elite Std and the body text in Century.



Although my newspaper is going to be a college parody I have still chosen typical newspaper fonts as I don't want to challenge the font conventions of a newspaper as I need the students to still be able to read it easily. So from my research I have realised these fonts are pretty common among newspapers, especially the heading and body text I chose which are of the most importance, for the sub-headings I have challenged it a little as i felt my newspaper still need to have edge and look contemporary to relate to the students, so instead of having modern text or typical newspaper font I have gone a different route and gone for a type-writing style which holds connotations of old style writing and publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment